- We can work to reduce stress levels, improve self-confidence, take control of anxiety/fears and phobias, depression, PTSD, eating disorders, help manage pain, improve sleep, stop smoking or get rid of any addiction and so much more…including improving sports performance!
- It is my role as your therapist to promote an environment of change by using positive imagery and suggestion, encouraging you to concentrate on and consider alternative outcomes to a currently held belief or emotion.
- Hypnosis allows us to bypass a filter system in the brain…we all have within us a conscious critical faculty (CCF)- this is the automatic sensor that monitors all new information received. If a contradiction should arise between new material and current held beliefs then the CCF will filter it out and not allow it to be accepted. Therefore, any information not consistent with the opinions already held in our data base will be rejected. The purpose of the CCF is to provide a stable sense of understanding about ourselves and the world in which we live. It aims to keep us safe by not allowing us to do anything which may cause us harm, encouraging us to only believe or act upon tried and tested information.
- Hypnosis bypasses this filter system, thus allowing those new positive ideas and suggestions which we develop during our session, to take hold without being controlled by any feeling of threat or danger.
- I will focus on encouraging positive changes, the changes you seek to achieve, reinforcing goal setting, encouraging the minds focus away from any past limitations or negative thought as it begins to concentrate wholly on developing and maintaining a better way forward.
- This process involves both client and therapist exploring your needs, agreeing and clarifying what you seek from each session (and therapy sessions as a whole) as I continually reassess where we are and adapt to meet your individual needs.
- We all work towards the pursuit of happiness and this process requires us to constantly adapt, change, creating new perspectives as we evolve as the unique individuals, we all are. Hypnotherapy can help in this transition as we begin to shift our focus away from the problems, towards solutions, making healthy changes that will benefit our lives in a safe, therapeutic, supported way.
Find answers, solutions to the problems in your life
What can be offered?
What is Hypnosis?
We are a sum of what we focus on…putting it simply, hypnosis is the natural harnessing of focused thought, selective thinking. This is a state of mind which involves the total concentration on a thought or idea and within hypnotherapy we term this state as ‘trance’. Trance is a natural state that we often find ourselves in when driving from A to B, not quite remembering the journey in between. Have you ever been so engrossed in a book or film that you didn’t notice two hours pass by? Or listened to the sounds of the ebbing and flowing of the waves at the beach, daydreaming of a moment in the past when you proudly stood beside a mountainous sand castle crafted by your bare hands? That very sensation, that deep concentration is something we all do time and time again throughout the day.
Questions to ask?
Understanding who we are is important as we all strive to expand our self awareness. Nature encourages survival…
I strongly believe that you have the resources you need… perhaps we just need to remove the obstacles that stand in your way and help you to flourish.
My vision is inspired by Psychoanalyst Karen Horney (1885-1952) who believed individuals can develop… “just as an acorn develops into an oak” .
As such, we are all predisposed to grow, to flourish, to feel good and hypnotherapy can help you discover what you need…
learning to progress
Qualities to look for
- A sound working partnership based on mutual respect.
- A feeling of trust, safety and rapport
- A sense of being understood and accepted by the counsellor.
- A willingness to collaborate and negotiate
- Empathy and compassion from the counsellor.
- A sense that you are making progress
- The counsellor seems grounded and robust
What types of problems can we work with?
Depression, GAD, SAD, low self esteem, eating disorders, PTSD, PND and much much more…
"collaboratively exploring your strengths"
Working with you
Here at Oak Tree Therapies, my aim is to work with you collaboratively to explore your strengths. My role as your therapist, is to encourage you to find the answers you seek, It means that I ultimately believe you know yourself best, and so, we work together to empower you to make the best decisions for you in keeping with the way you want to live your life. We don’t need to focus solely on your problems, it depends of what you feel you need, but as the whole aim is to develop a better way forwards, we can spend time also developing ways that we can help you solve your problems. I understand that each individual has their own unique set of experiences, and as a result, I will always adapt my approach to suit those specific needs.
It is my role as your therapist to promote an environment of change by using positive imagery and suggestion, encouraging you to concentrate on and consider alternative outcomes to a currently held belief or emotion.
Hypnosis allows us to bypass a filter system in the brain…we all have within us a conscious critical faculty (CCF)- this is the automatic sensor that monitors all new information received. If a contradiction should arise between new material and current held beliefs then the CCF will filter it out and not allow it to be accepted.
"Book in with Catrina"
I will endeavour to provide weekly sessions (or at longer intervals if required). However, as sessions progress, they may become fortnightly, monthly, depending on the need at that time.
Each session will last 50 -1hr.
I would ask that should you need to cancel an appointment, please (if possible) provide 24hrs notice via the contact details provided above and we will arrange another suitable time/date/venue.
Each session costs £80 payable by cash/cheque/bank transfer/PayPal.