What I can offer you as your neuro-linguistic practitioner?
We can work to improve self-confidence, take control of anxiety/fears and phobias, depression, PTSD, eating disorders, addictions and so much more…
What is NLP?
Neuro (of the mind/brain); the nervous system through which our experience is processed via five senses
1. Visual – picture
2. Auditory – sound
3. Kinaesthetic – feeling
4. Olfactory – smell
5. Gustatory – taste
Linguistic (non/verbal communication); systems through which our neural representations are coded, ordered and given meaning which includes
6. Words-self talk
Programming (our communication with ourselves); our ability to discover and utilise the programs that we run in our neurological systems to achieve specific and desired outcomes
NLP is a system of understnaidng and technique application devoted to achieving change. Essentially, it is a set of techniques and understandings designed to re-programme the mind with new skill sets, states and approaches (shares commonalities with hypnotherapy).
NLP was originally developed by Richard Bandler and John Grinder and other. The model of NLP explains how we process information that comes into us from the outside with the belief that “the map is not the territory.” And so, the internal representations that we make about an outside event are not necessarily the event itself.
Benefits of NLP;
- Overcome the hurdles which hold you back from living life the way you want it to be
- Learn how to motivate yourself and others with ease
- Learn to use language with greater precision and elegance becoming a more effective communicator
- Think better, think more clearly and make better decisions
- Enhance your personal relationships
- Develop self confidence
- Supports Weight Loss
- The eating habits of problem eaters can have more to do with what’s going on in their head than their appetite. As such, psychological behavioral modification can be helpful for reducing how much a person eats and increasing how often they exercise. One study found that people trying to lose weight experienced positive benefits from taking part in NLP, despite having trouble staying consistent with the exercises.
- Promotes Learning – Learning can be tough and feeling discouraged can make it even more tough. One study found that NLP may be helpful for improving self esteem in children with dyslexia by helping to provide a deeper sense of relaxation and lower level of anxiety – possibly impacting learning capabilities.
- Helps to Reduce Anxiety – Talking and other therapeutic approaches are very effective for dealing with anxiety so it’s no surprise that NLP offers this benefit. One study on individuals who experienced claustrophobia during MRI scans found that NLP was an extremely effective tool for alleviating feelings of anxiety; a finding echoed by additional inquiries. It’s suspected that the combination of relaxation and guided imagery is perhaps the biggest reason NLP helps to curb anxious feelings.
- Supports Balanced Mood – There is some limited evidence to suggest that NLP may be a useful tool for supporting an overall healthy mood. Keep in mind, however, that depression involves a multitude of personal factors that are unique to the person and the approach for dealing with it need to be multifaceted and specifically tailored to the individual. NLP may offer positive benefits to an overall solution.
- Helps You Get Over Bad Habits – One of the best ways to rid yourself of a bad habit is to replace it with a new, good habit. NLP has remained one of the most sought-after methods for helping people do just that. Since NLP has no risk for side effects, it is a great tool that anyone can have in their arsenal for fighting bad habits like junk food or putting off exercising.
- I will endeavour to provide weekly sessions (or at longer intervals if required). However, as sessions progress, they may become fortnightly, monthly, depending on the need at that time.
- Each session will last 50 -1hr.
- I would ask that should you need to cancel an appointment, please (if possible) provide 24hrs notice via the contact details provided above and we will arrange another suitable time/date/venue.
- Each session costs £40 payable by cash/cheque/bank transfer/PayPal.